Top Three Bookish Pet Peeves:
1. Dog earring pages, highlighting and writing in books, and movie covers are no-nos.
2. When people say they read the last page first or that the order of certain series doesn't matter (ahem...Chronicles of Narnia).
3. When I need to run to B&N for something (a gift or card) but don't have time to browse.
Perfect Reading Spot:
In my bed. Seriously, better than by the pool, at the beach, etc. My bed has my pillows and blankets and I can get as comfy as needed.
3 Bookish Confessions:
1. I buy and carry my purses based on their ability to hold a book AND my iPad (my iPad holds all my bookish thoughts, lists, and blogger stuff). I always have a book, even if it is just my iPad, whose Kindle app has at least a dozen books I haven't read. You never know when there will be time to read.
2. My personal books are organized by genre and then by author within the genres. I have six bookshelves total and haven't read half of the books I own (which is in the hundreds).
3. I am definitely a passionate book snob about certain things, although I've gotten so much better at being less so and keeping my mouth shut all the other times.
When was the last time you cried during a book?
I don't think I've ever cried while reading a book. My mind has this tendency to downplay what I'm reading so it seems to be less effective on my emotions. But put that book into a visual, like a movie, and it'll get me every time. The Fault in Our Stars barely affected me as a book, but teared me up in the movie theater!
How many books are on your bedside table?
22. Yea...three series, three review copies, and a bunch of books I've been "looking forward to." Sandwiched in there is a set of Pilates videos...they haven't stood a chance for some months now.
What is your favorite snack to eat while reading?
Anything munchy...could be candy or chips.
Name 3 books you'd recommend to everyone:
The Storyteller, by Jodi Picoult
Cloud Atlas, by David Mitchell
Most anything by Malcolm Gladwell
Write how much books mean to you in three words:
My blog name says it all - My Life (is) in Books (articles don't count in word counts 😉)
What is your biggest reading secret?
Not sure I have one...I'm pretty loud and proud about my reading. One thing is that I do like romance in books (but not romance novels), although (and maybe because) I'm not romantic at all in real life.
Who are you tagging?
Anyone who wants to participate! Post your own answers to this bookish quiz!