However, I'm only nominated...I've got to earn this bad boy now. The Liebster award has four parts: state 11 random facts about yourself, answer 11 questions about yourself that were given to you by your nominator, nominate people yourself, and give your nominees 11 questions to answer.
Here we go...
11 Random Facts About Me
1. This Friday my husband and I will attend our 12th prom together - all at the same school.
2. I've never diagrammed a sentence in my life (even though I'm an English teacher)!
3. I own as many books I haven't read as I do books I've read.
4. In my 20s I got married, had three kids, earned two degrees, bought a house and a mini van, and established my teaching career. (Yea, I'm pretty proud of the productivity of my 20s)
5. I love dogs and would have one for each member of my family if my house was bigger.
6. I don't get satire - very inconvenient for an English teacher.
7. I have two tattoos, both chosen for their words.
8. I've read the Bible completely at least twice, if not three times.
9. I don't wear make-up.
10. Besides reading, I like landscaping and DIY house projects.
11. My favorite color is blue - just about any shade.
Answers to The Paperback Princess's Questions
1. Austen or Bronte? Why?
Austen. I love her characters! And the six hour BBC version of Pride and Prejudice is just awesome!
2. What was the last translated book you read?
The Count of Monte Cristo, by Alexandre Dumas
3. Where do you prefer to read?
In bed because I have comfy pillows and blankets. I like to be warm and comfy at all times.
4. Are you part of a book club? If not, would you ever want to be a part of one?
Technically I am. I am the supervisor for my high school's student book club, Reading Warriors. It is very hard to get them to decide on something to read together, so I'm not sure how I'd like an actual book club.
5. What is your earliest library memory?
My mom took us to the library every Monday evening for as long as I can remember. I don't remember not having my own library card.
6. What are your feelings on choose your own adventure books?
I loved them when I was in middle school. I liked that I could read it multiple times and have something different happen.
7. What book are you going to read next?
The Things They Carried, by Tim O'Brien. It's a classic taught at my school and on my TBR Pile reading challenge for 2014.
8.Do you abandon books? Why or why not?
I've only done so once. I usually feel once I've started a book I don't want to give up and waste the time I already put into it. Plus, I'm not overly picky, so many things others would put down, don't bother me.
9. If you read biographies, do you read mostly about men or women?
I've read so few biographies, I can't even answer. If I look at biographies I own, two of the three are on men. Memoirs though, I have mostly women.
10. Are you a library regular or a book store shopper?
Book store shopper...but recently I've been disciplined enough to know I need to use the library for books I know I don't absolutely needle am only mildly interested in.
11. If you could see anyone in concert, living or dead, who would it be?
The only band I've wanted to see in cancers, I've seen twice: Matchbox 20.
(Note: for a complete list of bloggers I follow regularly, see the list to the right column of my blog. Those listed below are among the first I ever followed, so I nominate them based on the longevity of my following them. Numbers 5&6 are writing blogs, the very first blogosphere friends I ever made! Ladies, I know your blogs focus on writing, but wanted you to know I'm thinking of you!)
1. Allison at The Book Wheel
2. Rebecca at Love at First Book
3. Jennifer at The Relentless Reader
4. Tanya at Mom's Small Victories
5. Donna at donnaeverhart
6. Carolynn at Carolynn...with 2Ns
My Questions for the Nominees:
1. What is your favorite season of the year?
2. What is your favorite genre to read?
3. If you could change your career, would you? To what/why or why not?
4. Where would your dream vacation take you to?
5. What do you enjoy besides reading/writing?
6. Have you ever lied about reading a book?
7. Do you think reading is antisocial?
8. Where is your favorite place to read/write?
9. Are you signed up for any reading challenges/writing goals this year?
10. Do you have any pets? Names?
11. What are you reading now? What will you read next?
Well that was fun! Visit the blogs above and I know you'll find content and people you'll love.